Our House Rocks!

January 8, 2010

It is has been way to long since my last post. The end of the summer came and went and we are halfway through the school year already. We have made leaps and bounds on the house. The siding is 90% done, the rest will have to wait until Spring. All electrical, plumbing, and heating is done. And, the big one...the house is being Sheet Rocked, mudded and taped right now. They should be done by the end of next week. It's hard to believe the day is actually coming that we will be in our house. I never thought the day would come. In the video is pictures of the house rocked and of the exterior of the house. We have had an interesting winter so far with the house. Our furnace brand new decided not to work. It might just be me, but I don't think it is supposed to rain in the house. Patrick and Dad showed up with it raining from the upstairs and about a foot of water in the basement. We had Centerpoint out to fix the furnace just to have it do the same thing a week later. Praise God the water was off, but it burst a pipe in the basement. So we have spent more time making sure our pipes don't freeze. Now the furnace is running great, and it is holding temperature. It is about 66 degrees in there, which is crazy to think when we were working in there when it was about 25 degrees.

The kitchen should be in the middle to end of February, and I think we have a better idea of when we can be in, and I'm thinking end up March. We will get in there...I know we will, even if it doesn't happen in March, we are closer than we have ever been. I will try harder to keep this more up to date especially as the interior progresses!




2 comments:

  1. Wow, looks great. So close! I'm exited for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks great so far. I'm excited to see it as it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete